Alec Baldwin finally turned over his iPhone to authorities one month after a search warrant was issued for the device.
Last month Santa Fe police issued a search warrant for Alec Baldwin’s iPhone as part of their investigation into the fatal shooting on the movie set of ‘Rust.’
Alec Baldwin fatally shot 42-year-old cinematographer Halyna Hutchins and injured 48-year-old Joel Souza on the movie set in Santa Fe, Mexico in October.
Baldwin had been communicating with Santa Fe detectives but he refused to turn over his phone so law enforcement issue a warrant in December.
“Any suggestion that I am not complying with requests or orders, or search warrants about my phone, that’s bullshit. That’s a lie,” Baldwin said in a bizarre Instagram rant last week.
The Santa Fe District Attorney’s Office told ABC News it now has Baldwin’s iPhone… ONE MONTH after the warrant was issued.
ABC News reported:
Alec Baldwin has turned his cellphone over to New Mexico authorities a month after a search warrant for the device was issued as a part of the investigation into the fatal shooting on the “Rust” movie set, officials said.
The Santa Fe District Attorney’s Office told ABC News Friday it now has the actor’s cellphone.
Authorities said they want to look at text messages sent from the phone as part of its investigation into the on-set shooting in Santa Fe last year that killed the film’s cinematographer, Halyna Hutchins, and wounded its director, Joel Souza.
Investigators are also seeking to seize photos and videos, emails, internet browser histories, GPS data and more, according to the warrant.