Heavenly Versus Demonic Wisdom (NKJV)
James 3:13 Who is wise and understanding among you? Let him show by good conduct that his works are done in the meekness of wisdom. 14 But if you have bitter envy and [a]self-seeking in your hearts, do not boast and lie against the truth. 15 This wisdom does not descend from above, but is earthly, sensual, demonic. 16 For where envy and self-seeking exist, confusion and every evil thing are there. 17 But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, willing to yield, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality and without hypocrisy. 18 Now the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace by those who make peace.
- If you have self-seeking in you, don’t boast and lie against the truth, and appear to be something that you haven’t become. Deal with that. Get alone with God. Surrender it. Tell Him you were never created for you.
- I realize you’ve never created me for me.
- I’ve prayed for me.
- I’ve cried for me.
- I’ve hurt for me, and a lot of times haven’t even liked me.
- God I’m done with this confusing rat race.
- God, the best I understand I am putting ME off in your presence, and am asking you Holy Spirit to teach me what it means to deny myself, pick up my cross and follow you.
- I honor you.
- No one has loved me like you love me.
- No one has forgiven me and been to me what you are to me.
- And I want the beauty of what I see in you to be the beauty of what people see in me.
- Transform my life and make me one with you in every way.
- Not just spiritually and positionally, but tangibly.
- I give myself to you.
What does it look like to pray without making it all about “me?”